Tuesday 18 November 2008

Patchwork # 2

The next book I found was a bit of a jump into the 'future' compared to last book.
Contemporary Quilts By Barbara Hallas is described as a 'gallery of modern textile hangings' I think the main use of the book is to inspire quilt makers on 'what to make next'. It's a good insight to what was deemed 'modern' quilting in 1994.

There are some really impressive designs in the book along with some really dated and awful ones. All of which have taken an awful lot of time and planning to create.
I have picked out a couple of really nice geometric patterns which look quite simple to replicate but i'm sure a pretty frickin' difficult.

I have not yet looked into the details of quilting iteslf as far as how to quilt goes but I think i've got a pretty good idea. I know that it's really difficult and time consuming if you've never produced one before but i'm not exactly looking to make a direct copy of 'a patchwork quilt' I just know that i'm going to be using textiles panels of imagery and stitching in a patchwork style, not necessarily with the word quilt on the end.

2b

3

2

1

No comments: